From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xine - no sound on DVDs - solved (sort of)
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 21:19:23
1 Hi Mark,
2
3 Am Mittwoch, 19. September 2007 schrieb Mark Knecht:
4 > Hi,
5 > Message is to Randy and others that have been helping me with my
6 > audio problems with xine. This evening I discovered the root cause of
7 > the problem of no sound when playing DVDs in xine. Unfortunately I
8 > don't have a good solution yet. Maybe someone knows how to fix this at
9 > the command line?
10 > OK, xine does produce sound, but this machine has multiple sound
11 > cards and it's choosing the one that goes to the home theater system,
12 > not the PC's sound card:
13
14 maybe I missed that one in this thread, but did you look at xine's
15 audio-configuration?
16 Could you post the output of grep "audio" .xine/config here?
17
18 Regards,
19 Michael
20 --