From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dolphin and missing paste file option in right click menu.
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 13:57:17
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 27 Apr 2022 14:37:12 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I did my weekly updates this past Sunday.  I noticed one change I like.
5 >> If I put my mouse pointer over a video file, it does like a animated
6 >> preview thingy.  I've seen some websites do that and it is kinda nifty.
7 >> Then I noticed something that is missing and I use that a LOT, I mean a
8 >> whole LOT.  When I move a file(s) from one place to another, I either
9 >> use Cut or Copy where the file is located and then use Paste where I
10 >> want it to go.  I can do the Cut and Copy part, they are in the right
11 >> click menu as always.  However, the Paste option is gone.
12 > I'm running 22.04.0, I don't normally use this but just tried it. The
13 > paste option is only available when the mouse is not over a file. In one
14 > of the icon modes that is any empty space but in details mode I had to
15 > right click in the small space on the left of the listing.
20 That works here too.  As you point out, it doesn't work elsewhere like
21 it used to tho.  Odd.  I suspect it will be fixed with the next version.
22
23 I tried to go back to a older version but it wants older versions of
24 other KDE packages too.  I was wanting to see how it worked in the old
25 version again, compare things.  Oh well.  At least you got me a way to
26 make it work until they give it a proper fix.
27
28 Thanks much.
29
30 Dale