From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] problems with depclean
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 03:04:09
1 Hi. After a long time, I got my system into a state where I could
2 finally try to do emerge depclean. What a mess! It would have
3 deleted source for my running kernel, version of postgresql I am using
4 and many other things I am currently using. Some of them, at least
5 are in my world file. Some things are not and should be and I can fix
6 those, but there are a lot of libraries as well and I want to make
7 sure my system is not completely hosed before I run this again -- next
8 time after an update.
9
10 So, how can I protect myself against depclean going wild?
11
12 Thanks in advance for any ideas.
15 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
16 How do
17 you spend it?
18
19 John Covici wb2una