From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless Channel
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 11:44:00
1 On Friday 17 March 2006 23:52, "JimD" <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-user] Wireless Channel':
3 > Does anyone know of a tool for Linux or Windows that will see what is
4 > the best channel to use?
5
6 You should always use the same channel as the AP you are connecting to.
7 That seems to cover your case. In the general case, I know of no tool to
8 detect the channel an certain AP is "broadcasting" on.
11 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
12 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
13 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
14 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list