From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why does my boot-up sequence look... well... messy?
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:26:31
1 On Monday 13 June 2011 10:38:49 Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 > Hello, I've been scratching my head about this problem.
3 >
4 > I'm installing Gentoo x86 on XenServer.
5 >
6 > When I run the Minimal CD using HVM-mode, I got a nice,
7 > tidy/tabulated, and colorful output:
8 >
9 > See: http://i.imgur.com/Trus5.png
10
11 Please don't use URL shorteners.
12
13 They don't last long, they go away and the historical record is gone.
14
15 Plus, not many people here will bother clicking the link.
16
17 Just copy the output into the mail after snipping out the irrelevant parts.
18
19 You are also cross-posting. Don't do that either.
25 > However, when I've successfully adapted the installation into PV-mode
26 > the output becomes messy:
27 >
28 > * The [ok] is no longer right-justified, but on a new line
29 > * The [ok] is no longer colored; just bland white
30 >
31 > See: http://i.imgur.com/etVww.png
32 >
33 > Now, what should I do so that the boot sequence again shows a tidy and
34 > colorful output?
35 >
36 > TIA
37 >