From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: nvidia-drivers fail to determine kernel version
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 04:57:22
1 walt <w41ter@×××××.com> [13-02-06 04:51]:
2 > On 02/05/2013 06:56 AM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > when using vanilla kernel 3.7.5 (appropiate kernel headers installed)
6 > > emergeing nvidia-drivers 313.18 works fine.
7 > > As soon vanilla kernel 3.7.6 are installed the emerge process fails
8 > > because the kernel version couldnt be determined.
9 >
10 > Every time Linus changes his underwear the nvidia installer forgets how
11 > to find the kernel version :( Rafaele Belardi posted a link here on
12 > Jan 29 to a patch on the nvidia website. If you can't make it work
13 > I'll post more details tomorrow.
17 Hi,
18
19 thanks for your reply, walt! :)
20
21 What I found based on your mail are patches against different
22 nvidia-drivers and different kernel version than I am using to get
23 this running...
24 I tried the symlink include/linux -> include/uapi/linux mentioned
25 here:
26 https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/525935/linux/please-update-310-xx-drivers-for-linux-3-7-3-8-compatibility/2/
27 after the kernel was build, but ths doesnt help.
28
29 Any information would help me here a lot!
30
31 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
32 Best regards,
33 mcc