From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating RAID devices - udev question
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 02:30:25
1 On 11/12/05, Brian Parish <bmp@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > I am trying to add a software RAID 5 disk set to an existing machine installed
3 > using genkernel. All the RAID support is compiled into the kernel, but
4 > no /dev/md? device files exist. I can create these using mknod and make the
5 > RAID, but they don't survive a reboot. How do I tell udev to create these
6 > files as persistant devices?
7
8 udev doesn't handle software raid devices. You need to edit
9 /etc/conf.d/rc, and make sure that "raid" appears in RC_VOLUME_ORDER.
10 You will also need to edit/create /etc/mdadm.conf to describe your
11 raid array. Gentoo will then take care of creating the raid devices
12 as part of the system startup.
13
14 -Richard
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list