From: Simon Turner <turner25@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] eth0 = pcmcia + usb eth
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:10:53
1 Hi,
2 I'm having trouble installing gentoo on my old laptop... It says it
3 can't find the interface eth0. I believe it has to do with the fact I
4 have a pcmcia card with usb ports on which a usb2eth adapter is
5 plugged.
6
7 On another system I use on that laptop, it usually tries to
8 recognize my net adapters first (doesn't find any), then recognizes
9 pcmcia cards which enables support for the usb adapter, then in my
10 rc.local I have to manually setup my ip address or tell to use dhcp.
11
12 Hmmm, from inside the gentoo system, I found lsmod was empty (which
13 could be normal as I wanted everything compiled in the kernel) and
14 lspci was not found...
15
16 I'm pretty confortable with everything exept these pcmcia cards... if
17 anybody could give me a hand!
18
19 Thanks, Simon
20 --