From: Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE Flags
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 09:51:30
1 On Sunday, 10 December 2006 20:05, Vlad Dogaru wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > First time poster, so if I mess up anything do tell me. I have been
5 > emerging packages and trimming the USE flags individually by adding USE=" "
6 > in front of the command. Is this bad practice or in any way different to
7 > adding the use flags in /etc/portage/packages.conf? If it is, is there a
8 > way of dumping all the use flags for all my currently installed ebuilds
9 > into packages.conf?
10 >
11 > Thanks in advance,
12 > Vlad
13
14 Yes this is very bad practice, which you'll notice if you try
15 running 'emerge -avuDN world' to update everything.
16
17 Put global USE flags in /etc/make.conf and package specific use flags
18 in /etc/portage/package.use
19
20 Read through man 5 portage.
23 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck