From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] openrc all over again with version 0.2.4-r1
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 15:28:06
1 After surviving the initial update to openrc I've now found after an
2 update world that the latest openrc no longer links /etc/init.d/lo to
3 /lib/rc/sh/net.sh.
4
5 In fact /lib/rc/sh/net.sh is completely gone. So I'm left with
6 several useless symlinks in /etc/init.d and no indication of what they
7 should be linked to.
8
9 The migration guide at:
10 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml
11
12 Appears to be badly out of date and appears to indicate symlinking
13 /etc/init.d/net.ethN to /etc/init.d/net.lo will fix the network startup.
14
15 No mention of what /etc/init.d/lo is supposed to be linked to now.
16
17 I've probably missed some important output of emerge during update
18 world but my elogs for openrc do not indicate any messages.
19
20 The newest version of openrc does not contain the file:
21 /lib/rc/sh/net.sh.
22
23 as it did with openrc-0.2.3
24
25 Anyone know what the new scheme is... what the symlinks in
26 /etc/init.d/net.ethN are supposed to point to?
29 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list