From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I think I messed up USE flag by using -alsa as Gnome has no sound
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:25:43
1 On Tuesday 12 July 2005 01:12, Richard Watson wrote:
2 > Hi - I've just finished compiling Gnome and have no sound whatsoever.
3 > Looking at my USE flags I noticed I had inadvertently set -alsa as a flag.
4 >
5 > At this stage I've changed the flag to alsa and re-run genkernel. But still
6 > no sound. Do I have to recompile everything from scratch or have I made an
7 > incorrect diagnosis of the problem?
8 >
9 > As always any help would be appreciated
10 > --
11 > Regards, Richard
12 > ECRM Imaging Systems
17 > --
18 > No virus found in this outgoing message.
19 > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
22 genkernel, which problem should it solve?
23
24 try emerge --newuse world, to see what has to recompile.
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list