From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel upgrading and linux symlink
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 23:40:50
1 On 10/31/2009 04:29 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > So I think this thread addresses a question I've had about the kernel
4 > installation process over the years. I only copy bzImage to /boot with
5 > a rename to whatever this kernel is. I don't do anything with the
6 > other files - System.map and something else - which I don't even have
7 > on most of my systems anymore. They don't seem to be needed...
8
9 They're needed if you are trying to debug kernel crashes, but AFAIK
10 not needed for anything else.