From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] How do I restore special keys in X?
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 08:01:45
1 We've all heard about the DontZap fiasco, caused by a few whiners. I
2 managed to restore that, but there seems to be even more lost
3 functionality. "MagicSysReq" no longer works in X. In addition, I've
4 made a slight change in /etc/inittab...
5
6 ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/usr/bin/chvt 1
7
8 ...which should cause ctrl_alt_del to kick me into tty1, rather than
9 rebooting. Here is the "InputDevice" section in my xorg.conf which
10 (along with DontZap) restores ctral_alt_bksp functionality.
11
12 Section "InputDevice"
13 Identifier "Keyboard0"
14 Driver "kbd"
15 Option "XkbOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
16 Option "XkbOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_del"
17 EndSection
18
19 MagicSysReq and the modified ctrl_alt_del both work from a text
20 console, but not from X. What do I have to do to enable them? BTW, I
21 am not running HAL or DBUS.
24 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>