From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting Putty window title to currently executing command
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 21:58:39
1 On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 3:11 PM, John J. Foster
2 <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > I seem to remember ssh'ing into an old Gentoo box and having the window
4 > title change to the currently executing command. For instance, when
5 > emerging something that had 10 packages, the title would show something
6 > like
7 >
8 > emerging (4 of 10) perl_something_or_other
9 >
10 > I'm not sure whether I was using screen at the time, or not. I'm not
11 > even positive I was using Putty (I might have been on another 'nix).
12 >
13 > Can anyone help me out?
14
15 I use PuTTY on Windows and the title updates as you described. I don't
16 think I had to do anything special to accomplish it.
17
18 Paul