From: eroen <eroen@××××××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: systemd as a Profile - practical or not?
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 16:39:45
1 On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 11:24:05 -0500, Tanstaafl
2 <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > Ok, before I go and open up a bug requesting this...
6 >
7 > I know there have to be a lot of people on this list who can answer
8 > this question...
9 >
10 > Is making the use of systemd or not based on a selected Profile, as
11 > opposed to manually trying to do it via USE flags etc, a practical
12 > request, or not?
15 How is this different from the status quo? There are several systemd
16 profiles available that make use of the files
17 in /usr/portage/profiles/targets/systemd/ to make the proper package
18 settings for using systemd on gentoo. AFAIU, a user should only need to
19 switch the profile, install and configure systemd itself and configure
20 their bootloader to start using systemd.
23 eroen