From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How-to AMD Sempron 3300+
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:03:33
1 Hi, list!
2
3 I just upgraded from Athlon xp 1700+ to Sempron 3300+ and of course I
4 have some questions. ;-)
5
6 I'm not sure which is the least problematic way to recompile my gentoo
7 in way that the software would be able to utilize the 64bit extensions
8 and the new instruction sets of the CPU. Will changing the CHOST and the
9 CFLAGS followed by
10 "emerge -e world" be enough ?
11
12 My second question is:
13 AFAIK AMD Sempron 3300+ has "sse3" but my cpuinfo doesn't show it. Is
14 this normal?
17 cat /proc/cpuinfo
18 processor : 0
19 vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
20 cpu family : 15
21 model : 44
22 model name : AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3300+
23 stepping : 2
24 cpu MHz : 2009.055
25 cache size : 128 KB
26 fdiv_bug : no
27 hlt_bug : no
28 f00f_bug : no
29 coma_bug : no
30 fpu : yes
31 fpu_exception : yes
32 cpuid level : 1
33 wp : yes
34 flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
35 mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt
36 lm 3dnowext 3dnow up pni lahf_lm ts fid vid ttp tm stc
37 bogomips : 4022.65
41 Best regards,
42 Daniel
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list