From: Jeremy Olexa <olex.mail.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge only pkg not dependdencies...
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:16:58
1 Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I looked through the manpage of emerge to find an option to tell
5 > emerge just to install a certain package and to skip all
6 > dependencies.
7 > I only find the opposite of this: Skip the package and install all
8 > dependencies.
9 >
10 > Is there a way to install just the package and forghet all
11 > dependencies ?
12 >
13 > Thank you very much in advance for any helpful reply ! :)
14 >
15 > keep hacking!
16 > mcc
17
18 From `man emerge` :
19
20 --nodeps (-O)
21 Merges specified packages without merging any
22 dependencies. Note that the build may fail if the dependencies aren't
23 satisfied.
24
25 Hope that helps,
26 -Jeremy