From: Jason Rivard <jase.rivard@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Security of ciphers.
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 21:55:29
1 I've been reading this thread in the archives, on loop-aes and then the
2 security of AES. I hate to jump on the bandwagon, so before I do, I will
3 state that I *am* a crypto-expert, and have worked for the several
4 government entities in the US. I am not at liberty to tell you which ones.
5
6 Mr. Walters: It is not all that easy to crack a *secure* key with the
7 AES-256 cipher. This holds true, even with networks of super-computers. Just
8 how many of them do you think the NSA (you named it), has to spare for
9 things like that? Parallel and distributed computing does not help much with
10 AES, since it is a CBC cipher algorithm (look it up).
11
12 I think you need to do some research on the subject you say you're majoring
13 in, before you post on the topic, Mr. Walters.
14
15 Jase