From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Short question on eix-sync; emerge -up world
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:38:23
1 On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 11:23:43 +0200 (CEST), Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
2
3 > "Sloted" means something like "side by side with the old version".
4 >
5 > But: For me as user/sysadmin....what advantage I would have to
6 > install two versions of KDE-pakets ?
7
8 It means you can choose between the two versions, testing the new one
9 before removing the old. It also means you don't have to remove 3.4
10 before you install 3.5, which could render you without KDE for up to a
11 day, depending on the speed of your computer.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Committee (noun): A group of people spending hours taking minutes