From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: After /usr conflation: why not copy booting software to /sbin rather than initramfs?
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 03:14:27
Dale wrote:
> William Kenworthy wrote: >> On Tue, 2012-04-03 at 19:02 -0500, Dale wrote: >>> Canek Peláez Valdés wrote: >>> >>>> >>>> I do. I don't use LVM, so i didn't had neither USE=device-mapper, nor >>>> DRACUT_MODULES=lvm, so I add them. Then I tried to create my initramfs >>>> with LVM, and like in your case, it failed. Using the --debug option >> >> Dale, with genkernel you have to tell it to start LVM on the kernel >> commandline ("dolvm") which triggers a script within the initramfs - do >> you have to do the same thing with dracut? >> >> BillK >> > > Well, I dunno. I know how to find out tho. > > < dale adds dolvm to his kernel line and is about to reboot > > > If I ain't back in a few minutes, send help. . . quick. lol > > Also, see the other new thread. I think Walt has the same thing. > > BRB > > Dale > > :-) :-) > >
I'm back. I tried and it did the same. Worth a shot tho. I noticed this. It mounts / ro then tries to start lvm. Then just a few lines later, it mounts / rw. So, it appears that it needs to mount / rw then start lvm. I dunno. Dale :-) :-) -- I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words! Miss the compile output? Hint: EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"