From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: After /usr conflation: why not copy booting software to /sbin rather than initramfs?
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 03:14:27
1 Dale wrote:
2 > William Kenworthy wrote:
3 >> On Tue, 2012-04-03 at 19:02 -0500, Dale wrote:
4 >>> Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>>>
7 >>>> I do. I don't use LVM, so i didn't had neither USE=device-mapper, nor
8 >>>> DRACUT_MODULES=lvm, so I add them. Then I tried to create my initramfs
9 >>>> with LVM, and like in your case, it failed. Using the --debug option
10 >>
11 >> Dale, with genkernel you have to tell it to start LVM on the kernel
12 >> commandline ("dolvm") which triggers a script within the initramfs - do
13 >> you have to do the same thing with dracut?
14 >>
15 >> BillK
18 > Well, I dunno. I know how to find out tho.
19 >
20 > < dale adds dolvm to his kernel line and is about to reboot >
21 >
22 > If I ain't back in a few minutes, send help. . . quick. lol
23 >
24 > Also, see the other new thread. I think Walt has the same thing.
25 >
26 > BRB
27 >
28 > Dale
29 >
30 > :-) :-)
35 I'm back. I tried and it did the same. Worth a shot tho.
36
37 I noticed this. It mounts / ro then tries to start lvm. Then just a
38 few lines later, it mounts / rw. So, it appears that it needs to mount
39 / rw then start lvm.
40
41 I dunno.
42
43 Dale
44
48 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
49 how you interpreted my words!
50
51 Miss the compile output? Hint:
52 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"