From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Determining hardware on Dell Vostro 1520
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 20:51:01
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Yoav Luft wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Hi,
7 >>> I got a Dell Vostro 1520 laptop as a present, and I am trying to build
8 >>> a kernel for it. I can't determine what hardware I've got on it, since
9 >>> the specs (http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/vos1520/en/SM/specs.htm)
10 >>> say it could be installed in a few different configurations. What
11 >>> drivers do I need the bluetooth (connected by a mini-card, don't know
12 >>> what it means), touchpad, camera and fingerprint (if there are any, of
13 >>> course)?
14 >>> I tried 'lspci', it gave me no clue regarding the above hardware and
15 >>> is as follow:
16 >>> << SNIP >>
17 >>>
18 >>> any help would be appreciated.
19 >>>
20 >>>
21 >>>
22 >>>
23 >> Try the command lspci -v from the install CD and see what drivers the CD
24 >> uses. That is assuming you can boot the CD and it works of course.
25 >>
26 >> If the output is to large, most likely it will be, try this: lspci -v |
27 >> less . You can replace less with more if you prefer.
30 > Or "lspci -k" which will tell you which kernel module is in use by
31 > each device. :)
36 Heck with that, the output is MUCH shorter. -v can get pretty long
37 sometimes.
38
39 < Dale makes a note of this in hope he won't forget > < Dale is not
40 holding his breath tho > ;-)
41
42 Dale
43