From: Luigi Pinna <mailing-gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] P.S.Re: [gentoo-user] Brutal force attack
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 20:06:38
1 Alle 23:24, lunedì 06 dicembre 2004, Adrian CAPDEFIER ha scritto:
2 > I forgot to mention:
3 >
4 > this script just configures iptables so you need to:
5 > # rc-update add terminus default
6 > # rc-update add iptables default
7 >
8 > The main body of processing is done in /etc/init.d/terminus. If using
9 > 2.6 kernel (which I prefer) you should only edit config files in
10 > /etc/terminus and /etc/conf.d/terminus. Since AFAIK iptables is the
11 > same for 2.4 and 2.6 you shouldn't have to alter anything (except for
12 > module names as you pointed out), but if you have to then it will be
13 > in /etc/init.d/terminus. Again if I can help you I will.
14 > Gnite!
15 >
16 > Adi.
17
18 Thanks a lot!
19 I have almost my firewall configed!
20 Now I have some question about the default policy:
21 I cannot check or change the default policy (is it deny or drop?) and
22 I'm not sure about what happen when I estabilish a connection (I want
23 to use a rule that allows all connections starting from my computer.
24 Can you explain me that?
25 Thanks a lot
26 Luigi
30 Public key GPG(0x073A0960) on http://keyserver.linux.it/