From: Xamindar <junkxamindar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] hibernation and various programs.
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 09:23:01
1 I have hibernation set up on my laptop and am just wondering if there
2 are any programs that are unsafe to have running when hibernating. One
3 of the main ones im wondering about would be vmware. Can I hibernate
4 while I have windows xp running in vmware and still have it exactly how
5 I left it when I power back on? I will probably try it soon anyway but
6 just wondering if anyone else out there has more experience.
7
8 Also, I notice that my cpu governors and being able to change the clock
9 speed of the cpu no longer function once I resume from suspend.
10
11 One other thing is that any programs that use the sound device are
12 killed when I hibernate (because hibernate is set to restart alsasound
13 or else sound doesn't work any more)....any way to stop that from
14 happening?
15
16 Thanks for any insight.
17 --