From: Mark Kirkwood <markir@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Postgresql ODBC and JDBC in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 06:44:53
1 Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
2 > I've installed postgres and am trying to get it to work with OpenOffice 2.0.3.
3 > After searching the web, postgres sites, unixODBC site, etc. I still haven't
4 > figured out how to get ODBC and JDBC to see postgres. How do I setup ODBC and
5 > JDBC so that my postgres databases are available? Any docs, hints, etc.
6 > would be appreciated.
10 I'm not sure about ODBC, but for JDBC the general instructions are:
11
12 1/ ensure that the CLASSPATH includes the driver jar (e.g.
13 CLASSPATH=.:/usr/local/pgsql/share/postgresql.jar)
14
15 2/ Check that postgres server has listen_address='*' in its
16 configuration file (postgresql.conf)
17
18 3/ Set the connection url for the database you want (e.g.
19 jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/postgres to connect to a server using
20 port 5432 and a database called postgres)
21
22 Presumably openoffice lets you tell it 1/ and 3/, its up to you to make
23 sure of 2/ !
24
25 Cheers
26