From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 - need to rebuild system?
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 02:59:08
1 Denis wrote:
2 > I am upgrading from gcc-4.1.1-rX to gcc-4.1.2... Is it safe to just
3 > emerge the new version, or do I need to do "emerge -eav system" and
4 > "emerge -eav world", as the gcc upgrade guide suggests? Do I need to
5 > rebuild libtool every time I upgrade gcc?
6 >
7 > Thanks!
8 > Denis
9
10 Since this is a minor upgrade, I don't think you have to do anything. I
11 updated mine and whatever else got updated and left it at that. I think
12 the only time you have to do a emerge -e world is when you do a major
13 upgrade like from 3.* to 4.* or the next 5.* which I assume will be
14 coming at some point.
15
16 Hope that helps.
17
18 Dale
19
23 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
24
25 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list