From: Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSH sessions hanging in VPN
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 23:04:07
1 On 19/03/10 20:38, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Occasionally, and apparently triggered
3 > randomly[1], all existing ssh sessions freeze and never come back (even after
4 > several hours). The connections are still up and do not die on the remote end.
5 > Mail connections stay up and the browser tabs continue to work as well[2].
8 It's probably totally unrelated but I have just been having problems
9 with one of
10 my servers since the openssh update a few days ago. SSH sessions were dieing
11 after a few minutes even when I was actively using them. I tried
12 everything I
13 could think of but couldn't trace the problem. In the end, emerge -C openssh
14 followed by emerge openssh cured it. <shrugs>
17 Be lucky,
18
19 Neil
20 http://www.neiljw.com
24 This message has been scanned for viruses and
25 dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
26 believed to be clean.