From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [solved] DOSEMU 1.4.0.0 won't run as ordinary user anymore
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 22:36:19
1 On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 01:38:12AM -0400, Walter Dnes wrote
2 > I've been using a specific program that only works under DOSEMU. It
3 > worked great. Today, (after an update?) DOSEMU has stopped working as
4 > an ordinary user, but still works for root. Here's the screen capture
5 >
6 > ======================================================================
7 > [d530][waltdnes][~] dosemu
8 >
9 > LOWRAM mmap: Permission denied
10 > Segmentation fault
11 > ======================================================================
12
13 After spending some more time in Google, and trying various search
14 terms, I finally stumbled over the following...
15 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dosemu/+bug/216398
16
17 Summary...
18
19 * temporary workaround; as root, issue the command...
20 sysctl vm.mmap_min_addr
21
22 * the sysctl command has to be re-issued after every reboot. Add
23 vm.mmap_min_addr=0
24 to /etc/sysctl.conf for it to be set properly every reboot
25
26 That should be safe until the next sys-apps/baselayout update.
29 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>