From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] orphaned kernel sources?
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 18:55:43
1 On Sat, 29 Oct 2005, Jarry wrote:
2
3 > So, with your help I finally checked all software installed on my
4 > gentoo-server (thanks to everyone, who replied). There were a few
5 > gentoo-sources (I think 5 or 6 different versions), so I used
6 > "emerge --prune gentoo-sources" to leave only the last one.
7 >
8 > Then I checked /usr/src, and I see there are still 2 subdirectories:
9 > linux-2.6.12-gentoo-r6 (~50MB)
10 > linux-2.6.13-gentoo-r5 (~300MB)
11
12 Bear in mind, that if you've built kernels inside these folders then there
13 are object files, libraries and other debris from the build process that
14 portage knows nothing about - so unmerging doesn't remove the folder
15 completely.
16
17 The thing to do is to cd into each folder and do "make clean" to remove
18 files left over from the build process. Then run the emerge command to
19 remove the package.
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list