From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Broken update
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2021 19:14:19
1 On Tue, 7 Sep 2021 09:32:41 -0700, Daniel Frey wrote:
2
3 > Why is it checking the build environment for a binary package?
4
5 I was wondering the same.
6
7 > As it stands, I can't fix this problem.
8 >
9 > I tried editing the ebuild (removing the __thread check) and rebuilding
10 > the manifest but it still fails at the same place. I've double- and
11 > triple-checked it's the right ebuild but it's still running the checks!
12 >
13 > Some assistance on installing glibc would be much appreciated!
14
15 You can untar the binary package into /, which bypasses the checks. Then
16 you can emerge it so that portage knows where it stands.
17
18 The usual guarantees apply: if it breaks your system, you get to keep the
19 pieces. I'd backup / first.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 *Libra*: /(Sept 23--Oct 23)/ An unfortunate typo on your application
26 results in your being accepted into the Legion Of Superherpes.