From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unexpected Power Loss!
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 02:13:23
1 Sascha Cunz wrote:
2 >> I'm sure you will get lots of ideas on this one tho. There can be a lot
3 >> of causes.
4 > RAM failure could be another one, which "could randomly vanish for a while
5 > when using another memory layout" (like in using another operating system).
6 >
7 > So, I'd suggest to boot up a memory tester and let it run over night.
8 >
9 > Sascha
13 That's a good one. We all know Linux will cache stuff in ram until it
14 runs out. If there is a bad stick of ram, even on the higher generally
15 unused part in windoze, Linux will eventually use it and cause some sort
16 of issue.
17
18 Wouldn't that cause a hard lock up tho? That has been my experience in
19 the past. That could have changed tho. It's been a good while since I
20 ran into bad ram like this.
21
22 Dale
23
27 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!