From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia 295.59 driver on kernel 3.3.8
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 19:28:14
1 On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Samuraiii <samurai.no.dojo@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 > To this (Thank you for such extensive help):
4
5 No problem. Happy to help. I'm not posting here much any more.
6
7 >  I'm running Gnome 3 so xorg-server is "at home" by me for longer time
8 > (as unstable before)  mesa got upgraded when that driver should get
9 > upgraded to.
10 > My system IS NOT ~amd64 wholly  - just gnome3 related stuff and some
11 > other packages (racket, skype, oracle-jdk,...)
12
13 My systems are all stable with only a few ~amd64 packages (virtualbox,
14 vmware, nvidia-drivers & a few more, and then once in awhile a system
15 package, but only when I'm forced. Other than that I try to stay
16 stable.
19 Good luck working this out. I run 6 machines here that are all using
20 ~amd64 nvidia-drivers with the 3.3.8 kernel. They all work fine.
21
22 - Mark