From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Weird firefox
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2018 15:33:34
1 I select some text in another program (maybe a valid URL, maybe not),
2 copy it to the clipboard.
3
4 In firefox, I click in the urlbar (or I press F6 enough times to get
5 there) and I type Control-V. And ... nothing happens. Interestingly
6 going directly to a selected URL by mid-clicking on the tab contents
7 does work; and I would be fine with that, except that sometimes I
8 intentionally copy something that is _not_ an URL, intending to edit it
9 inside the urlbar.
10
11 Also interestingly, it works when I select something in firefox itself;
12 the weird behavior only happens when the selection comes from another
13 program. It's almost as if this was a security feature. If it is, it's
14 an unwanted one.
15
16 Does everybody else's firefox behave this way. or is this some obscure
17 setting I have unwittingly changed? How can I paste arbitrary text into
18 the urlbar?
21 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
22 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
23 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
24 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.