From: neil@××××××××××.uk
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] help with UDEV and USB flash drive
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 20:47:24
1 -----Original Message-----
2
3 From: "Daevid Vincent" <daevid@××××××.com>
4 Subj: RE: [gentoo-user] help with UDEV and USB flash drive
5 Date: Fri 9 Jun 2006 20:32
6 Size: 848 bytes
7 To: <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
10 Now the second part of this. SOMETIMES, when I plug the stick in (I assume
11 that's when it happens), KDE gives me a nice little window to view the files
12 or take no action. But it's not consistent?! What triggers that 'event', and
13 how can I make it happen all the time?
14
15 KDE uses HAL for this, but it can take a few seconds to see the device. You don't need an fstab entry for this, it may even confuse things.
16
17 Also related, is there an easy way to make this stick auto un/mount upon
18 removal/insertion respectively?
19
20 KDE will do that, and open a window too if you want it. It is set in the Control Centre.
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list