From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] remote distcc
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 04:07:40
1 Yes, via an openvpn WAN link. It worked but the benefits seemed minimal
2 due to the odd mix of fast/slow hosts I was using (tip: remove any
3 slow/high latency hosts as it will slow the whole lot down). However, I
4 might try again sometime using pump mode which wasn't available at the
5 time.
6
7 distcc is designed for a local network - so security is a real issue.
8 There are some security related settings in the config file, but I would
9 still be wary of using it "naked" and not via an encrypted link.
10
11 Billk
12