From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 03:27:51
1 On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 8:16 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Bruce Hill
3 > <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >> On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 10:01:14PM +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:
5 >>> > >
6 >>> > > When you're in charge of over 100 servers as the back-end of a
7 >>> > > multinational company that has a revenue in excess of 10 million USD per
8 >>> > > day, even a temporary outage means the CIO, COO, and CEO breathing down
9 >>> > > your neck.
10 >>> >
11 >>> > Who is "in charge of over 100 servers as the back-end of a multinational
12 >>> > company that has a revenue in excess of 10 million USD per day"? And what
13 >>> is
14 >>> > the name of this company?
15 >>> >
16 >>>
17 >>> I do. It's one of the world's largest retailers.
18 >>>
19 >>> We sold more than 10 million USD of stuff per day.
20 >>>
21 >>> Of course, the profit margin is very slim, that's why I purposefully use
22 >>> the word 'revenue' instead of 'income' ;-)
23 >>
24 >> So I am to assume your are named Pandu Poluan and you work for a company named
25 >> "one of the world's largest retailers".
26 >>
27 >> Sure...
28 >
29 > This list has the highest signal to noise ratio of any technical
30 > mailing list I've been on. Seriously, you should take most of the
31 > people on this list at their word.
32
33 Bruce is the kind of person who tries to insult someone with a
34 slightly homophobic comment when he rans out of technical arguments:
35
36 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/255258
37
38 "Seriously, mate ... are you his boyfriend, on his payroll, related, or what?"
39
40 And then months later has the nerve of calling my use of the word
41 "fuck" (in which I wasn't insulting anyone) as "offensive":
42
43 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/261318
44
45 You should just ignore him. The signal to noise ratio gets even higher.
46
47 Regards.
48 --
49 Canek Peláez Valdés