From: laurent@××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cyrus-sasl 2.1.23 remote server rejected your credentials
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:04:04
1 Hi!
2
3 I changed the restrictions line like you said:
4 smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
5 permit_mynetworks,
6 permit_sasl_authenticated,
7 reject_unauth_destination
8
9 but this way it will try to see if the ip is part of mynetworks first, and
10 as it wont be it will reject or ... because my squirremail morks and I
11 think it does not use the authentification but rather the mynetworks.
12 Well.. :)
13
14 here is postconf | grep smtpd_sasl
15 smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
16 smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = no
17 smtpd_sasl_exceptions_networks =
18 smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
19 smtpd_sasl_path = smtp
20 smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
21 smtpd_sasl_tls_security_options = $smtpd_sasl_security_options
22 smtpd_sasl_type = cyrus
25 I also now have all the authentification methods in the telnet EHLO
26 response. Which should not be
27 telnet localhost 587
28 Trying 127.0.0.1...
29 Connected to localhost.
30 Escape character is '^]'.
31 220 ks359684.kimsufi.com ESMTP Postfix
32 EHLO localhost
33 250-ks359684.kimsufi.com
34 250-PIPELINING
35 250-SIZE 10240000
36 250-VRFY
37 250-ETRN
38 250-STARTTLS
39 250-AUTH NTLM LOGIN PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5
40 250-AUTH=NTLM LOGIN PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5
41 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
42 250-8BITMIME
43 250 DSN
44 STARTTLS
45 220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS
46
47 Which I don't understand how because the /etc/sasl2/smtpd.conf is sayin:
48 mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN
49 pwcheck_method: saslauthd
50
51 I will continue to look now, need to clean somethin somewhere.
52 Thank you for the help ;)
53
54 Laurent