From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Questions about wine
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 06:20:58
1 I'm looking at getting wine going for a Windows-only app. Some
2 questions...
3
4 1) The latest ebuild wine-1.6_rc4 (unstable) apparently should have the
5 "prelink" USE flag. http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/prelink-howto.xml
6 talks about a cron job to run prelink every so often, which seems like
7 the wrong approach. Wouldn't it make more sense to run it right after
8 emerge? Are there any problems with running prelink on all programs?
9
10 2) I'm hazy about some of wine's USE flags... are "opencl" and "opengl"
11 and "osmesa" recommended? My onboard video chip (according to lspci) is
12 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd
13 Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)
14
15 3) LINGUAS supports both "en" and "en_US". Is it recommended to enable
16 both?
19 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
20 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications