From: Andrew Syrewicze <asyrewicze@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] DRM Permissions problems with fglrx driver
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:15:56
1 Hello List,
2
3 This is probably something really simple, but if you don't know, you
4 just don't know. I tried looking around on the forums a bit and didn't
5 find anything there either.
6
7 I just finished installing the ATI-drivers package, and succesfully got
8 X running with the ATI generated xorg.conf file. When i run glxgears as
9 a standard user i get the following:
10
11 ~ $ glxgears
12 libGL error: open DRM failed (Operation not permitted)
13 libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
14 4642 frames in 5.1 seconds = 913.481 FPS
17 but when i run glxgears as root, it runs fine with no complaints and FPS
18 near 2000. I'm guessing it's system permissions somewhere, but i'm not
19 sure where to look.
20
21 BTW: my user account is part of the video group as well.
22
23 Any help would be appreciated.
24
25 Thanks!!