From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pmount without hal
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 19:58:42
1 On Sunday 27 June 2010 17:05:35 Mick wrote:
2 > On Sunday 27 June 2010 16:01:45 Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > I spent the whole of one long weekend trying to recover the files
4 > > on someone's stick after he'd done that. He blamed his teenage
5 > > son, of course.
6 > >
7 > > It was only partly successful too. I think the lesson was well
8 > > learned though - they won't do that again in a hurry!
9 >
10 > Ha! I remember! I was trying to help you rescue his data on this
11 > list. ;-)
12
13 Indeed, the list is full of helpful people. One or two of the other sort
14 too, of course, but after all, perfection is a purely human ideological
15 concept.
16
17 In the event, it turned out that I could have done more for him if I'd
18 started out differently. Oh well. Another glass of wine, waiter...
19
20 I'm glad some people still have better memories than mine has turned
21 into...
24 Rgds
25 Peter. Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23.