From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] constantly restarting esd
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 04:45:16
1 Hi all,
2
3 This seems to happen only with rhythmbox, not with mplayer or totem
4 (although I don't use totem much, and mplayer mostly for video):
5
6 After playing 3 or 4 songs, at the beginning of a song rhythmbox will
7 refuse to play anything. When I press the play button, the play-pause
8 indication toggles, but the current song positions stays at the
9 beginning. Rhythmbox outputs:
10
11 (rhythmbox:26642): RhythmDB-CRITICAL **: rhythmdb_entry_get_string:
12 assertion `entry != NULL' failed
13
14 on the terminal.
15
16 To fix it, I have to kill esd, and restart it. Then I can press play
17 and everyone's happy. Until it happens again... This seems to be more
18 prevalent if I skip forward through a few songs.
19
20 I'm using the latest unstable everything (~x86). Maybe the "un" before
21 stable is a clue :) However this behaviour has been going for a while.
22
23 Any hints? thanks,
27 Isn't air travel wonderful? Breakfast in London, dinner in New York,
28 luggage in Brazil.
31 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list