From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] More ALSA trouble
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 18:07:26
1 On Sat, 2005-12-31 at 11:05 +0800, Qiangning Hong wrote:
2 > Michael Sullivan wrote:
3 > > Yesterday I compiled a kernel with ALSA support for my card compiled in.
4 > > I booted with that kernel yesterday and everything worked great. Today
5 > > when I booted into Linux I got errors when alsasound tried to start.
6 > > Here are the errors:
7 >
8 > [...]
9 >
10 > > #
11 > > # Loadable module support
12 > > #
13 > > CONFIG_MODULES=y
14 > > CONFIG_MODULE_UNLOAD=y
15 > > # CONFIG_MODULE_FORCE_UNLOAD is not set
16 > > CONFIG_OBSOLETE_MODPARM=y
17 > > CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=y
18 >
19 > I resolved the same problem yesterday by re-make menuconfig and change
20 > CONFIG_MODVERSIONS to n. However, I don't know if this is the proper way.
21 >
22 > > # CONFIG_MODULE_SRCVERSION_ALL is not set
23 > > CONFIG_KMOD=y
24 > > CONFIG_STOP_MACHINE=y
25 >
26 > --
27 > Qiangning Hong
28 > http://hongqn.hn.org
29 > Registered Linux User #396996
30
31 Could someone who is successfully running ALSA compiled into their
32 kernel with snd-hda-intel please send me their kernel configuration and
33 their /etc/modules.d/alsa file? I can't get alsamixer to unmute my
34 card. Thanks!
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list