From: "Andrés Becerra Sandoval" <andres.becerra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gcc 5.2
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 16:52:02
1 2015-12-01 9:34 GMT-05:00 Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG@×××××××.net>:
2
3 > Hey, I wanted to start a thread about gcc 5.2.
4 >
5 > I realize that the GNU project made a justifiable but still nightmarish
6 > decision to change the default C version in one jump from C89 --
7 > skipping c99 and setting it now to c11 in one go. I would imagine that
8 > this would have reprecusions for many of the lower level packages in
9 > gentoo. That said, Gentoo is now lagging GCC by roughly five months...
10 >
11 > Perhaps we can discuss how validation against the current gcc is going?
12 >
13 > --
14 > IQ is a measure of how stupid you feel.
15 >
16 > Powers are not rights.
20 ​I have built a plasma (kde) 5 gentoo box with gcc-5.2 and It works fine.
21 The only problem so far ​has been with prelink, that is giving me some
22 errors.
26 Andrés Becerra Sandoval