From: Samuraiii <samurai.no.dojo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Reinstall + switch to KDE
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 16:14:55
1 Hello,
2 because I broke me PC and I need to reinstall it I'm going ask what
3 should I preserve to make install faster:
4
5 1. I presume that /home can be left intact.
6 2. I plan to backup /etc and after reinstall I'm going to "diff"
7 /etc.old with /etc to see what changed and to keep my previous changes
8 in config.(not to forget to change make.conf according to switch to KDE)
9 3. Also I'm going to keep kernel .config and /boot intact.
10 4. World file will be also backed-up and during reinstall I'm going to
11 strip it of unnecessary Gnome packages to switch to KDE.
12
13 Did I missed something? Should I take care of something else?
14
15 Thank you for your advices in advance
16 S
20 Samuraiii
21 e-mail: samurai.no.dojo@×××××.com <mailto:samurai.no.dojo@×××××.com>
22 GnuPG key ID: 0x80C752EA
23 <http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x80C752EA&op=vindex&fingerprint=on&exact=on>
24 (obtainable on http://pgp.mit.edu)
25 Full copy of public timestamp block <http://publictimestamp.org>
26 signatures id-15745 (from 2012-09-10 12:00:06) is included in header of
27 html.