From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mythfilldatabase not running
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 02:15:27
1 On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I've got a MythTv backend set up that's working great except
3 > for one thing: mythfilldatabase isn't getting run every day.
4 >
5 > If I run it manually, it works fine. The schedule database gets
6 > filled, and the system status page on MythWeb shows that it was
7 > run and that it's scheduled to run again the next day.
8 >
9 > But, unless I run it manually, it never runs.
10 >
11 > I've grepped through the backend log for "fill" and found
12 > nothing.
13 >
14 > I thought that the backend would run mythfilldatabase (I swear
15 > that's how it always worked on my KnoppMyth boxes), but it
16 > doesn't seem to be the case.
17 >
18 > Are you supposed to set up a cron job to run mythfilldatabase?
19 >
20 > --
21 > Grant
22
23 Unless something has changed you shouldn't *have* to set up a cron job
24 although I know on the myth lists people have discussed doing this.
25
26 mythfilldatabase has been hit and miss, mostly hit but at odd times
27 miss, for me also.
28
29 - Mark