From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] screen / tmux wierdness
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 03:25:03
1 On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 04:26:43AM +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have two computers: A small embedded system (beaglebone black)
5 > running Gentoo with commandline interface and my PC running Gentoo
6 > with X and using urxvt for commandline actions.
7 >
8 > On both TERM is set to
9 > xterm-256color
10 > and both are using zsh as shell.
11 >
12 > On the beaglebone black I cannot use tmux because C-b is not
13 > recognized as command prefix.
14 > On the PC I cannot use screen because C-a is not
15 > recognized as command prefix.
16 >
17 > I would like to have the choice on both system what terminal
18 > multiplexer to use.
22 > What can cause this weird behaviour? How can I fix it?
23
24 That's usually controlled by the screenrc file. Note that you can
25 have /etc/screenrc and separate ~/.screenrc for each user. ~/.screenrc
26 should override /etc/screenrc. If you don't have ~/.screenrc, screen
27 will default to /etc/screenrc. If you want an instance of screen to
28 start with a nonstandard config file location, use..
29
30 screen -c <configfile>
31
32 The setting to change, in whichever file you use, is...
33
34 #
35 # Set C-a as command prefix
36 escape ^Aa
37
38 #
39 # Set C-b as command prefix
40 escape ^Bb
43 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
44 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications