From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UEFI install noob questions
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 11:16:58
1 On Mon, 28 Dec 2020 02:43:44 -0500, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > > They all need to be set up once, whether the config is 6 lines or 260
4 > > lines - real examples here, not made up figures.
5 > >
6 > > Hmm, it seems even systemd-boot's 6 lines for 2 kernels is excessive,
7 > > I no longer use rEFInd, but it's config file is still in /boot and
8 > > it is ONE line per kernel!
9 >
10 > And all these years I've been using lilo. For 2 kernels lilo.conf
11 >
12 > * 43 lines including comments and blank lines
13 > * 18 lines excluding comments and blank lines
14
15 WOW! I don't know how you lived with such bloat ;-)
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary
22 notation and those who don't.