From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user <Gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] stage3.1 USE flags, okay to 'ignore' differences?
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 15:15:09
1 I hope someone can shed me some light here.
2
3 I keep finding myself doing time-consuming emerges for my Gentoo
4 (virtual) systems (e.g., gcc-4.5.3, glibc-2.13, emerge -e, and so on).
5 So, I found myself wanting to build a so-called 'stage3.1' tarball
6 (i.e., a stage3 tarball *plus* the things I did all this time).
7
8 Now, my systems have different USE flags, depending on its usage. So
9 my question is:
10
11 Can I just disregard the differences in USE flags for my stage3.1
12 (e.g., just use the most-minimal amount of USE flags) and do an emerge
13 -avuND @system @world for every system having a different set of USE
14 flag? Or should I make one stage3.1 tarball for each USE flag
15 combination?
16
17 Rgds,
22 Pandu E Poluan - IT Optimizer