From: Damian <damian.only@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Switching to unstable
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 18:38:09
1 Hello,
2
3 I've been using the gentoo stable branch since I began with this distro
4 (around 4 years ago), but lately I've been unmasking almost all packages
5 I use in my daily work (emacs, firefox, gnome*, xmonad, etc).
6
7 The reason for doing so is that what is considered as unstable as been
8 regarded as stable releases for the developers, and the truth is that
9 the problems I got for using outdated software were more that the ones I
10 had for using unstable versions.
11
12 Thus, I'm thinking about switching all of my system to the unstable
13 branch. But first I want to be sure that this is reasonable given the
14 problems I described before.
15
16 Can you provide me some useful advice according to your experience?
17
18 Thanks in advance,
19 Damian.