From: Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Copying PS/2 game CDs
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 06:10:15
1 On Wednesday, 21 June 2006 11:38, Teresa and Dale wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I want to make copies of our PS/2 game CDs so that they can use the
5 > copies and we can put up the originals. They seem to either scratch
6 > real easy or they are really touchy about scratches. Does anybody here
7 > know of a way to do this? This is Linux, surely someone has found a way.
8 >
9 > Thanks. Sorry so far off topic. I can't be the only one with kids
10 > around. ;-)
11 >
12 > Dale
13 >
14 > :-)
15
16 Copying the CD/DVD is easy enough, just use your standard tools although I
17 don't believe dual layer discs can be copied properly yet ie. Gran Turismo 4.
18
19 However, getting them to actually play on the PS/2 is a whole other matter.
20 You'll need to have your PS/2 modded to support playing copied games, which
21 may or may not be legal where you live.
24 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list