From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Networking
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 17:55:27
1 On Friday 26 Oct 2012 04:03:09 Joseph wrote:
2 > On 10/25/12 22:27, Silvio Siefke wrote:
3 > >On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 14:17:00 -0600
4 > >
5 > >Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > >> Why don't you want to install VirtualBox from portage.
7 > >
8 > >Has not internet, only mobile conection and so i have downloaded
9 > >by my dad direct from the website.
10 > >
11 > >> I run VirtualBox on one of those tiny boxes with 1Mb or RAM and box
12 > >> takes only 18W of power. Yes, it is slow but runs OK.
13 > >
14 > >I want take a look at Android X86, but i think my kernel was not correct.
15 > >Ok i have read today the Tutorial for Gentoo and Virtualbox. But when i
16 > >have so trouble with the network, then is not so funny. The static ip
17 > >is not for fun in config. I must see, maybe i try again, and then from
18 > >portage.
19 > >
20 > >Now all is running, hope. But after delete the kernel, all config and udev
21 > >rules from Virtualbox and restart go all again.
22 > >
23 > >Thank u and Regards
24 > >Silvio
25 >
26 > You going too fast and in the wrong places :-)
27 > First you unmerge dhcp
28 > now, you are delete the kernel! With this paste you will be re-installing
29 > Gentoo in no time :-/
30 >
31 > Rule #1 If It Aint Broken Don't Fix It.
32 > Just follow the instruction from:
33 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/VirtualBox
34 > and everything will be working just fine. If you upgrade the kernel yes,
35 > you need to recompile Virtual box modules.
36
37 You need sys-kernel/module-rebuild to help you rebuild any out of kernel
38 modules (like VBox).
39 --
40 Regards,
41 Mick